You must correct the following errors to continue:
This course explores the principles and processes of adult learning and serves as a foundation for all modules of the Adult Learning and Development Program. You will explore how adults learn by critically examining both historical and current research, and reflect on your own experiences. You will examine the principles of adult learning, with the aim of translating theory into practices that work for the modern workplace and support the development of twenty-first century learning skills. You will develop a new appreciation for the diversity of your audiences, including differences in knowledge and experience, learning preferences, motivations and potential learning barriers. Through research and exploration of current trends, you will be exposed to best practices for designing and delivering exceptional learning experiences that transfer into performance improvement on the job.
Online Course: 3-5 hours of work per week (including discussion, assignments, readings, research)
Critical Performance Statement:
By the end of this course/program, professionals will have demonstrated the ability to examine the principles and processes of adult learning for their application during the design and delivery of learning experiences for contemporary workplaces.
To achieve the critical performance described above, professionals will have demonstrated the ability to:
- Consider the principles of adult learning, and how they are applied in the development of learning experiences.
- Develop an appreciation for the diversity of adult audiences, including differences in knowledge and experience, learning preferences, motivations and potential learning barriers.
- Explain the role of learners, adult educators, and learning organizations in improving performance and advancing professional development.
- Review models of learning experience design for their application in technology selection, developing solutions and meeting learner needs.
- Explore current trends in education that are influencing how learning is designed and delivered today.
Learning Evaluation Plan:
During the course/program, professionals will demonstrate their learning in the following ways:
- Collaboration: Participation in Online Discussion
- Group Research Activities
- Case Study
PrerequisitesThe course requires a computer and online access to the OISE course environment, as well as the ability to connect online to other websites and resources as required. Important: You may require the ability to download tools and software in order to experiment with various technologies. We will encourage you to get comfortable with creating accounts with various social media sources (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.).
All articles and reading material will be provided by the instructor and will be made available online through the course learning environment.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Adult Learning and Development : Compulsory Courses